THE WOMEN’S COMPILATION BOOK PROJECT
AUTHOR WARRANTY AND TRANSFER OF COPYRIGHT AGREEMENT
Terms of the book
a) The individual specified hereinabove (the “Author”) hereby warrants that his/her Short Story herein above specified (“Short Story”), which has been submitted to Mutual Partners Association, principally based at 7350 N. Ridge Blvd. Chicago, IL 60645 (the “Company”), for compilation with other Short Stories from other Authors, and eventual publication by the Company, as a compilation book titled The Women’s Compilation Book project, consisting of 7 volumes of about 15 to 16 Authors in each volume (each volume a “Compilation Book”), is original and has not been submitted for publication or published elsewhere and that all trademark use within the Short Story has been credited to its owner or written permission to use such trademark has been granted to the Author.
b) In addition, the Author acknowledges that all images such as tables, screenshots, graphics, etc., do not have a copyright that is held by a third party.
c) The Company and the Author shall collectively be referred to as the “parties” in this Agreement. The Author, in consideration of the inclusion of the Short Story in the Book Project hereby agrees and understands that:
1. The Author will pay the Company a total of $100.00 in cash, for submission of the Short Story to be included in the Compilation Book. Such payment must be made at the date of signing this Agreement.
2. The Author agrees to and does hereby assign all rights, title, and interest, including copyrights, in and to the Short Story to the Company. The Author retains the rights to any intellectual property developed by the Author and included in the Short Story including, without limitation, any models, theories, or conclusions formulated by the Author. While the Author may use any and all thoughts and results developed or accumulated while working on the Short Story, and may rewrite, update, and re-title them for use in other publications, the Author cannot use the verbatim text of the Short Story or any part thereof that has been copyrighted by the Company without first obtaining the written permission of the Company.
3. When the Compilation Book containing the Short Story is ready for publication, it will be published at the Company’s own expense, under the Company’s imprint or any other imprint the Company in its sole discretion elects.
4. The Author understand that no royalties or remuneration will be paid by the Company to the Author for the Short Story. Further, the Author acknowledges the Short Story is being provided on a voluntary basis for inclusion in the Compilation Book.
5. The Author will indemnify and defend the Company against any claim, demand or recovery against the Company by reason of any violation of any proprietary right or copyright, or because of any libelous or scandalous matter contained in the Short Story.
6. The Author agrees that until the publication of the Short Story in the Compilation Book, the Author will not agree to publish or furnish to any other Company the Short Story for any reasons.
7. The Company will have the right to edit the Short Story, provided that the meaning of the text is not materially altered.
8. After publication, the Company will promote and sell the Compilation Book to the general public via available and applicable methods of sale, and 100% of all revenue proceeds resulting from the sale of the Compilation Book shall be donated to a non-profit organization chosen by authors whose Short Story appear in the Compilation Book.
9. The Company may permit others to offer the Compilation Book in a book club, make translations, and other electronic versions of the Compilation Book, show by motion pictures or television, syndicate, quote, and otherwise utilize the Short Story and material based on the Compilation Book. All revenue resulting from such activity will be donated to the non-profit organization as further specified in paragraph 8 hereinabove.
10. When the Company decides that the public demand for the Compilation Book no longer warrants its continued promotion and sale, the Company may discontinue the sale of the Compilation Book and dispose of any or all unsold copies of the Compilation Books without liability to the Author.
11. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
12. Any dispute or difference which may arise between the Author and the Company concerning interpretation of this Agreement or in relation to any matter arising under this Agreement, which cannot be settled amicably and in good faith between the parties, shall be referred to arbitration in Cook County, Illinois, under the American Arbitration Rules in existence at that time
13. This Agreement represents the entire understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and this Agreement supersedes all previous representations, understandings of agreements, oral or written, between the parties with respect to subject matter hereof and cannot be modified except by a written instrument signed by the parties hereto.
14. If any provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other provision and such invalid provision shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement.
15. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives.
16. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts (which may be exchanged by facsimile), each of which will be deemed an original, but all of which together will constitute one and the same Agreement
17. when an author makes the payment of $100 from this website and submits the Short Story, the author is accepting this term and agreement.